We had our pre-settlement walk-through last Friday (8/1/14) and it went well. We had a few places where we put some blue tape where some touch ups were needed but otherwise the place look amazing. It was even fun to feel the heat coming off the fireplace despite the fact it's still summer.
Now for the bitter part. We will not be closing today as planned. We also received work Friday afternoon that our loan officer still hasn't gotten the paperwork back yet from USDA on our loan. That is probably because they didn't submit it in time (a disputed point between myself and them right now). The frustrating part is not having it delayed... the frustrating part is that they say they can't give us a new date! I explained to them how I can't schedule things like movers, internet hook-up, etc. without a new date but they are adamant about how they can't provide a new date (even though they can provide the exact date that USDA is up to know on paperwork... in case you don't know, they process in the order received so if you submitted on the 7/2 and they are working on 7/1 then yours should be processed by tomorrow... so, yeah... it's not hard to make a guess as long as you pad a little for a potential delay).
So right now we are on indefinite hold (which is far worse than a 1 or 2 week delay we had been expecting since we realized their screw-up). But if you really want the kicker: they didn't even inform their own settlement services group. As of this morning, our PM still though our closing was today because that is what the settlement coordinator was telling him. Say what?
Side Note: We'll have more pictures once we move in. We already know that our first new neighbors will be closing the first week of September (their place is looking spiffy). I wonder if they will close before us? (LOL)
UPDATE 8/6: We have found out that the delay will be about 2 weeks with 18th or 19th being most likely dates (although the previous Friday is a LONG shot and the 20th is too painful to think about...)